Absence and Medical Care
On the rare occasion that your child is unwell you must telephone the academy as early as possible to inform us that they will be absent. If a telephone call is not received the Academy will contact you to ensure your child is safe and request the reason for absence. Please telephone 01634 270428.
During the Academy day, if your child feels unwell or has an accident they must tell a teacher straight away. They will then be assessed by an appropriate member of staff.
If your child is too unwell to remain at the Academy or if hospital treatment is necessary, the Academy will contact you to make suitable arrangements.
If parents have concerns they are to contact the Academy Office.
Allhallows Primary Academy understands the need for pupils to take medication from time to time, however it is Academy Policy that only prescribed medication is permitted. These are stored securely with the relevant phase team. Under no circumstances will children be allowed to carry non-prescribed medicines or be issued them by staff members.
- School starts at 8:45am and all children are expected to be settled by 8:55am.
- Registration is 8.55am, at which time the gate will be closed.
- Pupils arriving after the register has been closed at 8:55am will be recorded as late
- Pupils arriving after 8:55am must report to the School Office so that their attendance and meal choice can be recorded
- Pupils arriving after 9.30am will be officially recorded as absent for the morning session. This will be considered an unauthorised absence unless a satisfactory reason is given, for example a doctor’s appointment
- Action to address lateness will be taken in line with the school’s strategy to improve punctuality
- Pupils who are consistently late disrupt not only their own education but also that of others. Where persistent lateness gives cause for concern the school will contact the family and liaise with the Attendance Advisory Practitioner
Medical or Dental Appointments
- Absence from school due to a medical or dental appointment will be considered as an authorised absence. Parents/carers are requested to provide written confirmation of these appointments
- Parents/carers are encouraged to make all medical appointments out of school hours